Wednesday 9 March 2016

CAMPUS SINS

On Saturday morning hostel G inhabitants woke up to a disturbing spectacle; an aborted foetus dumped on the floor of one of the washrooms. Staring at the diminutive foetus was quite chilling and left a bad taste in my mouth. It is quite baffling how it got there considering Hostel G is for men. However someone mentioned that in Moi there is nothing like male or female hostels and I realized that must have been where the abomination started.

Men and ladies meet and fall in "love". They sooner than anyone deems possible engage in sinful games whose results we saw in hostel G. The absolute freedom of movement in Moi makes it easier to eat forbidden fruit.
I can't help but imagine where it all started. Granted the "owners" of the unfortunate "kid" fell in love,I cannot understand why their moments of pleasure had to end this way. Why create then kill? It also beats logic why these two,while quenching lust,could not use protection. Everyone must be aware of the consequences of copulation. Actually,you do not expect an iPhone out of the act. I also want to assume that either or both parties in the scandal studied biology in high school and if not,still there is no excuse. With all the varieties of contraception it is hard to understand how a lady gets pregnant unless she wants to.
I believe there is nothing as 'unwanted' pregnancy. It just doesn't make sense. If one does not want to make babies then there are so many options. I don't want to sound judgemental but then I need foolproof conviction as to how or why one lets someone put a baby in her then flush it out. Someone who qualified,by merit I assume,to get to university should be wise enough to know the repercussions of unprotected sex.
There's no disputing that so much sin goes on in campus. It has much to do with the freedom. Now,this generation says that abstinence is impossible albeit I know very well it is. Many people during Valentine's day sneered at and criticized Christian Union's chastity campaign yet it was a uniquely noble cause.
I like to believe myself an impartial observer but then when one side breaks rules I'm forced to take sides.
The incident in hostel G sparked raging debates over who is to blame for the whole thing. Most ladies furiously supporting their own claimed that men are to blame. I wonder how? My argument was that after the lady gets pregnant,the decision to carry the child to term is entirely her own. The man was bad enough to 'read the constitution' without 'glasses' on but killing an innocent child is abominable. I mean,the poor thing wasn't even there when you both were enjoying yourselves.
Men on the other hand condemned the act,even though the irony was quite glaring. A man was involved in creating the baby and he knew very well what he was doing sleeping with the lady without protection.
I find it very difficult not to wear suspicious eyes after the whole thing knowing very well that is a tip of the ice berg. Personally,I've heard up to five abortion cases since I joined 'The Foundation of Knowledge'. Using sketchy mathematics,let us assume every man in Moi has,like me,heard of five abortion cases. Then we can make the number three to give room for overlapping cases and errors in calculations. The results would be stupendous.
A friend of mine some weeks ago went for treatment at the infirmary and while there witnessed a case of an abortion gone awry. The lady in question had to be transferred to Moi teaching and Referral Hospital due to complications. One of the officers at the facility said that often they deal with up to five cases of abortion per week. This is quite disturbing!
I always wonder if one's conscience would be at peace knowing you killed an innocent soul.
Men,I believe we are partly to blame for these incidences. You know the position you might be putting you girlfriend in so please use protection. Ladies,for Pete's sake always insist on safe sex. I can't believe that there are ladies who fall for the 'withdrawal' nonsense! Seriously, we need to reconsider and take charge of everything we do. Simply,if you can't use protection during sex, abstain until you are ready to conceive, carry the child to term and take good care of it.
Ten men have confided in me that they are scared of using the washrooms at night because they don't know what they might step on. Meanwhile, "Nakuomba Nerea usitoe mimba yangu weee...."

1 comment:

  1. Good work is always appreciated. But the readers and to whom the words are directed take no heed to such.

    ReplyDelete