Wednesday 30 March 2016

FRUSTRATED VARSITY STUDENT ANTICIPATE JOINING ALSHABAAB OVER MISSING MARKS


Moi University graduands in a past graduation  ceremony (Courtesy)
Were wa'Shitseswa has missed a whooping 8 graduations as he struggles to find his marks at the School of Education in Moi University. A dejected Were has indicated in his Facebook post that he is tempted to Join Al shabaab  because he is lacking his academic papers because the university staff has been taking him in circles.
Were notes that he has been to the school of Education a record 80 times after clearing his 4th year in a bit to get the missing marks and secure a graduation but all the attempts have turned out to be futile
I've been to the SoE offices more than 80 (recorded) times after 4th Year. I've missed 8 graduations. It's always a missing mark here, and the next day, the other mark missing too. Mysteriously. I'm NEVER given my transcripts. I've queued whole days in the sun only to be told to come tomorrow. And tomorrow. Or Thursday next week. I've been told countless times to wait for the dean. Kicked all sides.”
Earlier former chairman of  Moi University Students Organisation, Mr. Mwamburi Mwang'ombe had written to the Vice Chancellor of the University, asking him to weigh into the problem of missing marks and transcripts which has made a number of former students lose out in job openings.  It is not clear whether the VC replied the letter.

Here is what he had to say

" If ‪#‎Moi_University‬ won't give me my papers, I swear, I am already in any wave that will promise to put food on my small table. You have terrorised me enough, anyway. You've ripped off me the things I'd have feared to lose. Now Al Shabaab and Mungiki smell a better fragrance. You can't model an insecure society and be sure to remain secure. ..READ MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment